We do NOT provide Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, or Marriage Licenses. For those services, please contact Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk at (800) 201-8999, option 1 or by visiting their website at www.lavote.net.
City Clerk Staff Directory
Phone: (323) 582-6161, press 3
Fax: (323) 588-4577
Mail: 6550 Miles Avenue, Huntington Park, CA 90255
Hours of Operations: Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Fridays - CLOSED
Certain provisions of the Brown Act are temporarily waived pursuant to Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-25-20 and N-29-20.
In the interest of Public Health and Safety in order to minimize the spread of the COVID 19 virus, you are strongly encouraged to observe the City Council meetings at the following link: Watch City Council Meeting Live.
PUBLIC COMMENT – If you would like to comment on any listed Agenda Items or Non-Agenda Items, please email the City Clerk’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone, by calling (323) 584-6230, up until one (1) hour, prior to the start of the meeting. Public Comments will then be read during public comment and made part of the record.
The Office of the City Clerk is responsible for:
- Preparation and distribution of City Council agendas and minutes
- Maintaining accurate records and legislative history of City Council actions
- Providing safe keeping and storage of the City’s official records and archives
- Administering the City’s Records Management Program
- Maintenance and codifying the Huntington Park Municipal Code
- Overseeing bid openings
- Publishing and posting legal notices
- Processing claims
- Responding to public inquiries and Public Records Act requests.
- The City Clerk is also the custodian of the City seal
Pursuant to the Political Reform Act, the City Clerk serves as the filing official for Campaign Disclosure Statements required to be filed by candidates in municipal elections and Form 700 Statement of Economic Interests filed by public officials and designated employees.