The City wants all residents and business owners to know it is aggressively working to resolve all issues and concerns that are related to the recent change in trash services. City staff has fielded and responded to numerous calls and continues to do so. We apologize for any inconvenience but some operational issues are to be expected with an operational change of this size. We have prioritized the most urgent needs and are working directly with United Pacific Waste to ensure all concerns are responded to as quickly as possible, if not immediately. The majority of urgent service issues have already been resolved and we expect to have all issues addressed within the next two weeks.
In general there are several categories that have been identified as the most important and all of them are being responded to. They include:
- Customers who have not received service and/or trash bins or carts because there is no prior record for them noted by our previous trash provider, so we have no way of knowing who they are until they contact us.
- Commercial customers who have not received their new permanent trash bins.
- Residents who don’t have the correct size or number of bins.
- Residents who just want new trash containers.
United Pacific Waste is confident that all issues will be resolved within two weeks and they are dedicated to ensuring all customers receive quality trash collection services. If anyone has a concern or service issue, you may call:
(562) 699-7600 Monday – Friday from 8 am to 5 pm or Saturday from 8 am to 2 pm. Urgent issues will be immediately addressed but all service needs can be reported using this number.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and concern as we work to fully resolve these temporary inconveniences. Thank you.