City of Huntington Park Officials announced that City Manager Rene Bobadilla has accepted a new position to serve as the city manager of Pico Rivera. Mr. Bobadilla has served the City of Huntington Park since being appointed in September of 2012. During his tenure Mr. Bobadilla created significant process improvement and implemented several noteworthy programs resulting in improved amenities and services for the citizens of Huntington Park.
“It is with regret that we say goodbye and thank you for Mr. Bobadilla’s dedication and support during his time with us,” said Mayor Rosa Perez. “His dedication and focus to overhauling, improving and creating many beneficial changes in operations and programming here in our city have contributed prominently to increase the quality of life for all our residents.”
In addition to significantly reducing the city’s deficit and getting its finances on the path to a fully balanced budget, he helped orchestrate many upgrades and improvements to local housing, business development and the City’s parks and recreation programs. Mr. Bobadilla’s contributions also include:
- Creating significant transparency in city operations through town hall meetings and improving the city’s website to provide more information to residents and the public.
- Moving forward plans for the downtown district’s business improvement goals and design.
- Transformation of vacant or run down properties into new, affordable public housing projects.
- Improved relationships with local business owners and vendors doing business with the city.
- Creation of a new “parklet” pilot program on city streets to improve business, community and civic engagement.
Huntington Park is grateful for the many achievements and improvements Mr. Bobadilla has assisted in implementing or helping the city achieve. “While we regret losing Mr. Bobadilla, our neighbors in Pico Rivera are gaining a competent city manager who will help them improve their operations and we wish them all continued success,” added Mayor Perez.
Once formal arrangements for suitable transition can be agreed to, it is anticipated that Mr. Bobadilla will take on his new responsibilities in late June of this year.
Michael Chee, Acting PIO, (818) 636-9700
Danny Bueno, (323) 584-6161